Step One: Know Your Body
Let's take a closer look at the physical and biological characteristics of someone in the ULTRAfit™ State.
- You can walk two miles in less than twenty-four minutes, and still maintain a conversation at the end of your walk.
- You do not smoke. You limit your alcohol to no more than one and a half ounces of hard liquor, or six ounces of wine per day.
- You fall asleep readily at night. You get an average of seven to seven and a half hours each night.
- Your percent body fat falls in the right range. If you are a man your percent body fat is 8 to 12%. I you are a woman you have 15 to 18% body fat.
Step Two: Know Your Attitude
In the ULTRAfit™ State, you should be able to answer yes to the following statements:
- You are doing exactly what you want to do in life and feel generally happy.
- You wake up each morning feeling great, not just good.
- You take regular vacations.
- You realize you are part of a large mutual support system and regularly offer your support to your family, friends, and colleagues. You are committed to the basic value of life and see it as worth living.
- You believe you have a mission in life; that your mission fits into a purpose that connects with the family of man in a larger universe.
- You have a sense of humor. You can laugh at yourself when you find you take yourself too seriously.
Step Three: Know Your Results
There are other ways you can know when you have reached the ULTRAfit™ State.
- First, you have taken charge of your health. You realize that, like illness, excellent health is a composite, made up of many different components. You recognize that you are responsible for those components.
- Second, you have worked to make your immune system an ally. It is finally destroying abnormal cells, even cancer. Colds become a distant memory. If you fall prey to one, it lasts only twenty-four hours instead of a week.
- Third, you not only meet the average stresses of daily life head-on, you seek out challenges of your own. Even your vacations become physical challenges.
- Finally, you have become an informed consumer. You carefully read the labels on all the food you eat and understand what those labels mean.